Christian - forgiven - grateful

Welcome. My name is Richard Templin Hancock and I’m here to encourage you to have faith in Jesus Christ and follow Him daily. I'm glad you're here—let's walk this path together.

Latest Blog Post:

God Our Shield

God Our Shield

Psalm 5:12 NLT

“For you bless the godly, O LORD; you surround them with your shield of love.”

As I read this Bible verse this evening, I thought about how you and I can have confidence that God surrounds us with His protective shield of love wherever we go.

We are reminded in Psalm 3:3:

“But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.”

I love that. God lifts us up when we are down, and He is our refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 18:30 says:

“This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.”

And God even gives us our own personal shield for spiritual warfare—the shield of faith.

Ephesians 6:16 says:

“In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.”

Thank God He is our shield. He is our defender and our refuge in times of trouble. And through faith in Jesus, He prepares us to stand firm when spiritual battles come.

So, fellow follower of Jesus, whatever you may be facing today, remember: God is your shield.